- Engineering — degrees from Brown University and the University of Nevada. Managed, planned, designed, and supervised construction of water, wastewater, road, and river restoration projects for 15 years.
- Natural Channel Hydrology — developed my river-as-life-coach sensibility.
- Anthropology — another degree from Brown.
- Poetry — I am very thankful for poems.
- Yoga — 25+ years practicing and teaching.
- 3 kids + their father + many years = love.
- Teaching, public speaking, and talking with groups and individuals has always pleased and engaged my whole self.
- Certified Practitioner of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (Step I and II) — I have been in love with this tool and all things Jung since, gulp, the 80’s.
- Life Coach Training with Martha Beck (2011).